Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day of Departure



In addition to visiting with the artist Joe Kubert Tuesday Sergeant Battles and I covered the mobilization and departure ceremony of Gulf Company, 2nd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment. The Reserve Marines of G/2/25 departed their homebase at Picatinny Arsenal for the Marine Corps base at 29 Palms, California. At 29 Palms they'll train for about 4 months before going to Iraq.


The festivities for the Gulf Company Marines and their loved ones started at 0600. The Marine Corps League had coffee and donuts waiting for the hundreds of friends and relatives who showed up in a light rain to send their Marines off.

2 comments:

Samantha West said...

Hi Mike,

I just found your site again. Your work is as inspiring as ever.

Anonymous said...

I have to echo Sam's sentiment, Mike. I wish I had your talents! Keep up the good work and have a great Independence Day.